Have you been putting off adding BeerRiot to your Facebook profile because you have an old BeerRiot account and don't want to spend time transfering the votes from that one to a new one? Or, did you first log in to BeerRiot from Facebook, but now wish that you could use the site without Facebook?
Well, then, your troubles are over! (Why do I feel like a bad infomercial?)
It is now possible to associate a regular BeerRiot account with your Facebook profile. Some of the benefits of this situation are:
- You can log into BeerRiot without logging into Facebook.
- You can pick your own user name (rather than having your Facebook name show up on BeerRiot).
- No need to copy votes you've already made with one identity to a new identity.
To link a regular BeerRiot account to a Facebook profile, just follow these steps:
- First, if you're logged into BeerRiot with your Facebook account, log out of it. You'll know you're logged in through Facebook if there is a "Facebook profile" link on the user page you get when you click on your name where it says "Welcome, Bob" in the upper-right corner of this page.
- Now, log in with your old BeerRiot account (or create a new one if you want).
- Go to the Facebook Settings page. Either click that link, or click Settings in the upper-right corner, then "Facebook" on the page that comes up.
- Click on the Facebook link, like the paragraph tells you. If you're not already logged into Facebook, you will be asked to.
- Once you have logged in, you should be redirected back to the Facebook Settings page, where a new message will say that you have successfully tied your accounts.
Don't worry about losing any information. BeerRiot will move any votes, comments, beers, etc. from your Facebook login to your BeerRiot login.
At any time, you can unlink your BeerRiot account from your Facebook profile by clicking the unlink button on the Facebook Settings page. This will not recreate any Facebook-BeerRiot account you had, but will instead just forget that your Facebook profile has anything to do with you.